Dolphin AND tuna-friendly!
A favourite both at home and at my restaurant. Delicious eaten as a dip, in salads, or wraps.
- 2 cups walnuts (soaked overnight)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 green onion, sliced finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP nama shoyu (or tamari*)
- 2 TBSP cold pressed olive oil
- sprinkle black pepper
- handful parsley or watercress
- 1 tsp dulse
- 1 tsp dried basil
Place all ingredient except green onion and parsley in food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Mix in green onions and chopped parsley. Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with sprigs of parsley or watercress. Top with tomatoes & sprouts.